“League City is to enact Stage 3 of the City’s Drought Contingency Plan on Tuesday, July 1 from midnight to midnight. This stage is to be enacted due to on-going construction of the City’s largest water distribution facility located at 18530 SH 3. This construction-related activity is necessary for the installation of multiple isolation valves needed for construction to continue. The date is subject to change, based on weather or unforeseen circumstances.
Residents are asked to limit water to essential indoor use only on these days. The Drought Contingency Plan lists several mandatory restrictions. Violators could face fines of $500 plus court costs each day that one or more restriction is violated.
(Listed) Below are the water rationing restrictions for Stage 3 of the City’s Drought Contingency Plan:
- Irrigation of landscaped areas is absolutely prohibited.
- Use of water to wash any motor vehicle, motorcycle, 4-wheeler, boat, trailer, airplane or other vehicle is absolutely prohibited. Commercial car washes that utilize water recycling are allowed to continue to operate.
- Use of water to wash down any sidewalk, walkway, driveway, parking lot, tennis court, or other hard surface area is absolutely prohibited.
- Flushing of gutters or permitting water to run or accumulate in any gutter or street is absolutely prohibited.
- Washing down any building or structure for purposes other than immediate fire protection is absolutely prohibited.
Brockway Realty, LLC. blogged “League City Waterline Shutdown Planned - June 17 & June 24” on June 16, 2014.
By Pamela Moore, Feature Blogger for Brockway Realty, LLC
Originally Posted on Brockway Realty LLC's Official Blog