Tuesday, September 23, 2014

The Soon to be Well Known Marina Cafe in Kemah!

I hesitate to send this blog out about Marina Cafe because I’m afraid more people will start going to this restaurant and I’ll have to wait in line, but after eating there for the first time this past weekend, it would be unfair not to share this experience to everyone in the Kemah/Clear Lake/League City area.

Marina Cafe, located at 620 Marina Bay Drive opened in December, 2013 and is owned by Jim Ginger. If I had to pick what I liked best about the place, I would say location, menu and staff (all of them vying for first place on the list). When my wife and I and her in-laws arrived there this past Sunday for brunch, I must admit I was skeptical since I already had my own number one brunch location in the Clear Lake area and I’m a creature of habit; plus, I’m gluten free and I’m always wary that there won’t be many selections for me. But when we were seated outside on the back patio overlooking a peaceful canal that feeds into Clear Lake, I knew that the location test had been met. Next test, the staff. Tiffany Carroll, the manager, immediately greeted us with a patient smile although she was scurrying from table to table, making sure no one waited for long. When I asked about gluten free items, she said they had great gluten-free pancakes that a few of her customers had requested they start making. The staff test had now been met-pleasantness and willingness to meet the needs of customers ranked high on their agenda. When our food arrived, in a timely manner, it was fantastic! Now as a celiac (gluten-free person), I tend to have low expectations-I’m just happy to see gluten free items show up on a menu, but the food was delicious. My wife, who had the tamales, loved them. My sister-in-law, who has been to Marina Cafe several times with her family, and was the person responsible for us going to the restaurant, offered up more suggestions from her past experiences: BBQ Shrimp Street Tacos, the Classic Reuben and the BLT!

I’m looking forward to my next visit!

Originally Posted on Brockway Realty LLC's Official Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment