Friday, November 21, 2014

Bon Appetit!

This morning I was driving to Nassau Bay to have coffee with one of my girlfriends.  Since I had no idea where we were going to meet, I decided to pull over and text her.  I pulled into a parking lot and saw a sign that said, Bon Appetite Café, Breakfast and lunch, Grand Opening! I texted my friend and told her to meet me there.

Walking in the door you are immediately hit with the delicious aroma of fresh baked pastries.  There is a display with a variety of croissants, turnovers, cookies, cupcakes and more.  It was painful to walk past the bakery case.  I walked to the counter to see what they had.  There is a salad and soup bar where they will make what you want right there.  The soups were creamy and delicious! I had a sample of the Bon appetite soup which was a creamy, chicken delight.  The restaurant also makes pastas, cold and hot sandwiches and other amazing entrées.

The breakfast menu is simple, but has everything you want: croissant sandwiches, omelets, fresh fruit, bacon and sausages, hash browns, French toast, pancakes and waffles.  Since I couldn’t eat everything on the menu, I had chosen the original breakfast with just a little of everything.  The decision between the waffle and croissant was difficult, so they let me have one of each.  Let’s talk waffles! Their waffles are light on the inside and crispy on the outside – the perfect waffle.  I also had the chance to taste the pancakes that my friend ordered. One word – FLUFFY! I love a fluffy pancake that isn’t thick and dense.  Lastly, their croissants were flaky, airy and buttery.  Could you ask for more out of a croissant?

Get over to Bon Appetite Café 18027 Point Lookout Dr. Houston, TX 77058.  I can’t wait to go back for lunch!

Originally Posted on Brockway Realty LLC's Official Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment