The Ghirardi WaterSmart Park is a three acre passive park which is dedicated to teaching citizens ways to conserve their water use at home. Volunteers are needed to help build Ghiradi WaterSmart Park on Saturday, November 16, beginning at 9am. WaterSmart Park is located on Louisiana St. just south of FM518 directly across from Poppy St, League City.
The city is looking for 25 volunteers, (adults and teens), to help with this project. If younger children accompany you, please have someone available to supervise them. Due to the limited parking availability, we recommend volunteers carpool, walk, or bike (for those who live close). Children will not be allowed to play on the equipment the day of the build. A grand opening will take place at a later date.
The City Will Provide:
- Rakes, shovels and wheel barrows;
- Gloves and safety glasses;
- Minor hand tools;
- Ladders- for hanging swings or assembly of taller components;
- Cold bottled water;
- Lunch (provided by Chick-fil-A).
- Insect repellent;
- Appropriate dress for an outdoor work environment- no sandals or open toed shoes;
- Sun block Snacks- for energy;
- Other drinks, if they prefer something other than water.
Clear Creek Paddle Race at Countryside Park
The Clear Creek Paddle Race will be held on Saturday, November 16, 10am, at Countryside Park, located at 100 Alderwood, League City. Registration will begin at 9am; awards will be presented at 11am.
All races will be approximately 5 miles in length: these races include Junior, Men & Women. Each entry fee is $10 per person for all ages. Races (all with the same start time) include:
- Solo Boats;
- Stand-up Paddleboard;
- K-1 (Adult, Junior, Recreational);
- C-1 (USCA, Recreational);
- C-2 (USCA, Recreational);
- Aluminum & Recreational Canoes (Men’s, Women’s, Junior);
- Unlimited Solo;
- Tandem Unlimited.
By Pam Moore, Feature Blogger for Brockway Realty
Originally Posted on Brockway Realty LLC's Official Blog