The complex has been ranked among the top 10 construction projects in Texas. Funds for the project, the first of its kind in the Texas public school system and one of only two in the nation, were part of a bond referendum approved by the voters in 2007. The $116 million complex features three schools that accommodate kindergarten through 12th grade on a 144-acre campus near state Highway 96 and state Highway 146, at 4380 Village Way in League City, Texas.
- State-of-the-art Biotechnology Lab that can be utilized in Engineering, Health Science and Ag Science programs;
- Information Technology Lab leading to certifications in A+ and Net+;
- Technology certification opportunities include Microsoft Office Specialist, Certified Nursing Assistant, Pharmacy Tech, and Welding;
- The village features a campus-wide greenhouse, integrated computer technology and a biotechnology lab for engineering, health science and agricultural science classes.
- A retention pond behind the Education Village was transformed into a unique outdoor space that is part classroom/part environmental project. With the guidance of the Texas coastal Watershed program and Texas Sea Grant, teachers, students and community volunteers created a floating wetlands area. The project is the first of its kind at a Texas public school. The floating wetlands showcase a new technique for improving water quality in storm water detention and retention ponds while providing students with a hands-on way to learn about their local environment.
- While the three schools share the courtyard and cafeteria, the schools sit on three separate campuses with their own driveways, roads in and out, and with little other interaction. Between them, there are six gyms.
- The schools share a serving line in the cafeteria, and the same heating ventilating and air conditioning system.
- In addition to serving some 4,500 students each day in the cafeteria, the walls can be removed, opening up the facility into a massive room for large groups. There also is a shared courtyard with amphitheater and outdoor learning areas.
Sandra Mossman Elementary School
4050 Village Way, League City, TX; Grades Kindergarten through 5;
105,000 Square Feet; 900 Student Capacity; Opened in 2009
Bayside Intermediate School
4430 Village Way, League City, TX; Grades 6 - 8;
176,500 Square Feet; 1,200 Student Capacity; Opened in 2010
Clear Falls High School
4380 Village Way, League City, TX; Grades 9 - 12;
460,000 Square Feet; 2,500 Student Capacity; Opened in 2010
- Clear Creek Independent School District Attendance Zones by Campus (as of 2014)
- Sandra Mossman Elementary School Campus Website
- Bayside Intermediate School Campus Website
- Clear Falls High School Campus Website
- Education Village Online Virtual Tour
Originally Posted on Brockway Realty LLC's Official Blog